Skip to main content

Book reading habit - A foundation for an amazing life

     "A book is like a garden carried in the pocket" 

-Chinese proverb

    If you have ever tasted the sweetness of book reading, you will never stop it. The moment we say we need to read books to reach success in life, it doesn't mean that we can read any book that we see. We should choose the books that are relevant to our field, read it and implement the learnings in our life. It will create miracles in our life. Jim Rohn says "Reading is essential to those who seek to rise above the ordinary".



    Why should we inculcate book reading habit?

1. Research says the book reading habit increases our life's expectancy. We need to develop the habit of finding a silent place and reading daily for 5 minutes with focus, to start with. We need to make the book reading our best entertainment in our life. We should enjoy it.

2. Research says that the book reading habit reduces our stress more than listening to music or walking.

      Most of us stopped reading books the moment we completed our formal eduction. To develop our intellect, continuous learning is very essential. For that books are a great treasure. If we diversify our book reading habit across genres, then we can shine in every walks of our life. We all know knowledge is power. Books are the great source of knowledge.        

    So, what are you waiting for? Know your style of reading. Grab a book/subscribe to audio books/at-least start with watching book summaries  gain the wisdom and lead a great life. 


Reference : 

1. https://www.hindustantimes.com/fitness/read-more-live-longer-research-finds-reading-books-can-add-two-years-to-your-life/story-cCu0FhCdNoQJOBUt6OfGNK.html

2. https://readingpartners.org/blog/four-compelling-reasons-shut-off-screen-open-good-book/


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom-Wife-Balance - Humorous speech

Mom-Wife-Balance                        Are you questioning me for correcting the mistake done by your wife? Ha! From when this habit started? My mom screamed at me. I was speechless.               Good evening fellow toastmasters and my dear guests. The entire universe right from the galaxies, stars in the space to the electrons in the atoms are balanced to maintain a harmony. People say our lives will be in peace and harmony if we practice the work-life balance principle. I am here to tell you a more important balance for the life that is mom-wife balance. It is this balance that will make you or break you. To achieve this, I would like to share with you two important techniques which I experienced in my life.               How many of you watched the movie Bahubali-2 ? For those who ...

Success - Proposal

Success Good evening fellow Toastmasters, Madam Toastmasters and guest. On hearing the word proposal what comes to your mind? Marriage proposal, Business proposal, Proposal to any problem that you have. When you search in google the meaning for proposal, you get two meanings, one is a formal plan or suggestion to address a problem and the other one is straightforward a offer for marriage . For the next 5-7 minutes I am going to touch on both the things as part of my project.               Everyone of us want to lead a successful life but success will not come to us easily. We need strive and struggle to attain success. I am here with a proposal to lead a successful life with two simple, quite familiar yet powerful techniques to follow.               It was a in the year 2010 I got my first job and placed in an MNC as a software engineer. I had ...

Innocent soul-Ice breaker speech script

Innocent soul It was one fine evening, 6 people surrounded me. Everyone started to shoot questions at me. One said, “Don’t you know this basic thing”. Another one said “What Hadi I never expected this from you” another one said, “How can you ask this kind of question?”. I was surprised, embarrassed, felt a bit sorry at that moment. Good afternoon fellow toastmasters and guests. I am here to share an incident in my life that taught me some good lessons. It was my second year of my career right from college. On a Sunday morning our project team of 11 members headed our journey in a tempo traveler to Pondicherry. To attend our friend’s marriage. In our gang there were people who never turn to any of the functions or marriages. They came to this friend’s marriage. You ask me the reason, I will not tell. We reached the marriage hall, attended the marriage, had a good biriyani. He was a Muslim friend. Story starts here. We departed from the marriage hall heading towards Ch...