I went to sleep weighing 93kilograms and suddenly when I woke up in the morning, I was amazed to see my weight got reduced to 68Kilograms, lost the tag obese and gained the tag fit. If someone tells you that all these happened overnight, don’t believe them. Trust me it took 6 months to achieve this feat.
Since childhood I was a chubby kid. Thanks to my mom for preparing the yummy food and going above and beyond in feeding me. She not only served delicious food but also made sure I didn’t feel guilty for wearing tight clothes. Whenever the tailor came to take measurement, she will insist him to be generous in taking measurements, as I was a growing kid. As a result of this the clothes that were sewed during my 6th grade were perfectly fitted during my college days. My mom is a visionary. Due to this during my childhood never I felt guilty of being fat. To make things worse I got school friends circle who showed less interest in sports. All the physical education periods were spent under tree shade sharing fantasy stories.The moment that triggered my fitness transformation was the PayPal Annual health check-up. When I got the medical report stating that I had non-alcoholic fatty liver. I learnt that this condition would lead to liver cirrhosis and eventually liver failure. The doctor suggested me that if I lose weight, I can overcome this condition. I had two options, continue my current lifestyle and make things worse or to lead a healthy lifestyle, become fit and come out of this condition. I chose the second option as I loved my liver so much as I can’t live without it.
I came across this doctor in YouTube where, he himself benefited by practicing the paleo lifestyle(not diet). I consulted him for the diet plan after taking required blood tests. He gave me the diet chart and suggested the changes to be me made in my lifestyle which can be summarised with the
formula
S.E.ES – Sleep : Get 7 hours of sleep daily (Thanks to the WFH, I can use the commute time to get those extra hours of sleep)
E – Eat : Follow the Caveman diet (less carbohydrates, more vegetables, required amount of protein and fat. I have sacrificed my favourite jalebi and channa samosa:-( )
E – Exercise : Simply walk (I started with 3K steps in the initial days, now I am walking consistently 10K steps daily)It is more like a time travel for me with respect to weight. I have travelled 15 years to the past.
This journey is not simple but it is not impossible. Without good health whatever we achieve in our life is irrelevant. Are you with me for incorporating our company's core value #wellness in your life?
This journey is not simple but it is not impossible. Without good health whatever we achieve in our life is irrelevant. Are you with me for incorporating our company's core value #wellness in your life?
Comments
Post a Comment