Skip to main content

Gynophobia - Connect With Your Audience

Gynophobia 

              How many of you know the meaning of the term Gynophobia?
Dear evaluator, please make a note. My first part of the speech objective is met. An unfamiliar topic to the audience.

Good evening fellow toastmasters and guests. I would like to thank my mentor and the person who introduced me to this club TM Ramanan at this moment. Gynophobia – The term refers to abnormal fear of Women. If you ask me, do you have this disorder? I will say I had a milder version of gynophobia previously. For the next 5 minutes let’s see how I got this disorder, how did I overcome it and how to prevent it.

              Let’s first see how I got this disorder. It was in the year 1993 I studied Kinder Garten in my native. That was the only class I studied co-education in my entire school life. Later for the past 12 years I studied in boys’ school where there is no chance to interact with girls. This I feel the primary reason for this disorder.

              The school life was somewhat okay but the college life is worse. Though I studied in the so called co-education college,  forget about talking to girls, you will be penalized even staring at them. This made my disorder even worse, that I thought I had a very good habit of not talking to girls. Fellow Toastmasters, Madam toastmasters and guests, If you want to admit your children, especially boys in these kind of strict institutions, then please create a panic/fear about the opposite gender right from their childhood. Else your boys will suffer a lot after admission.

              I want to quote an incident that happened in my college life to prove my point. What will be the feeling for a person who met a girl 12 years ago in Kindergarten and again meeting her during her college? It will be good right? But I was not excited to see my UKG class mate in my engineering classroom when she entered the first day of the college. Since I was suffering from…

              We both are days scholar, used to go in college bus from my native. In the bus stop whenever I saw her at the distance, I use to turn my face up or down and will not interact with her. She noticed my behavior and complained to her mom, that I am a very shy person like a girl not even looking at her. They are staying in a nearby village, where my grandpa was also staying. Her mom told this to my grandpa. My grandpa called my mom and told about this. so and so, so and so so and so. My mom got tensed on hearing this. She shouted, how dare she can talk about my son like this. What was she thinking in her mind?. Then she told me, don’t talk to that girl hereafter. I told mom, I don’t even look at her. My mom told, I know, You are a good guy. Do you all need any another reason why I was like this?

              Later in my life I realized that this is an actual problem when I joined this software industry. It was the first day of my training. We are a batch of 30 people, with 50:50 men and women. I was like in a land of aliens there. The men are talking casually and teasing the women like some of our youth toastmasters. Since we talk about gender equality, it happened vice versa. I was thrilled, on how am I going to survive here. In the training room, two girls of my batch approached me welcomed me by shaking hands. I was hesitant to shake hands with them initially as I was suffering from this. Later I thought it will be a disrespect to them and gathered all my courage and shook my hands with them. In this process I was not aware that my hands are shivering, these girls noticed that and where laughing. Hey see this guys hands are shivering and went and told to everyone. It was a shame for me. Later in my career I learnt not to panic much about it and treat them as a fellow human with a great respect.

              To conclude. Dear toastmasters and guests, while bringing up your boy or girl, teach them to consider the opposite gender as a fellow human and treat them with respect. This will help in bringing up a fearless kids like our VP PR or Phani.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom-Wife-Balance - Humorous speech

Mom-Wife-Balance                        Are you questioning me for correcting the mistake done by your wife? Ha! From when this habit started? My mom screamed at me. I was speechless.               Good evening fellow toastmasters and my dear guests. The entire universe right from the galaxies, stars in the space to the electrons in the atoms are balanced to maintain a harmony. People say our lives will be in peace and harmony if we practice the work-life balance principle. I am here to tell you a more important balance for the life that is mom-wife balance. It is this balance that will make you or break you. To achieve this, I would like to share with you two important techniques which I experienced in my life.               How many of you watched the movie Bahubali-2 ? For those who ...

Success - Proposal

Success Good evening fellow Toastmasters, Madam Toastmasters and guest. On hearing the word proposal what comes to your mind? Marriage proposal, Business proposal, Proposal to any problem that you have. When you search in google the meaning for proposal, you get two meanings, one is a formal plan or suggestion to address a problem and the other one is straightforward a offer for marriage . For the next 5-7 minutes I am going to touch on both the things as part of my project.               Everyone of us want to lead a successful life but success will not come to us easily. We need strive and struggle to attain success. I am here with a proposal to lead a successful life with two simple, quite familiar yet powerful techniques to follow.               It was a in the year 2010 I got my first job and placed in an MNC as a software engineer. I had ...

Innocent soul-Ice breaker speech script

Innocent soul It was one fine evening, 6 people surrounded me. Everyone started to shoot questions at me. One said, “Don’t you know this basic thing”. Another one said “What Hadi I never expected this from you” another one said, “How can you ask this kind of question?”. I was surprised, embarrassed, felt a bit sorry at that moment. Good afternoon fellow toastmasters and guests. I am here to share an incident in my life that taught me some good lessons. It was my second year of my career right from college. On a Sunday morning our project team of 11 members headed our journey in a tempo traveler to Pondicherry. To attend our friend’s marriage. In our gang there were people who never turn to any of the functions or marriages. They came to this friend’s marriage. You ask me the reason, I will not tell. We reached the marriage hall, attended the marriage, had a good biriyani. He was a Muslim friend. Story starts here. We departed from the marriage hall heading towards Ch...