Skip to main content

It’s a Marathon - Evaluation and feedback First speech



It’s a Marathon


          Due to my self-confidence, due to the passion I had towards achieving things, due to the fighting attitude I had from my childhood, I thought of doing it.

A warm Good evening to my dear fellow toastmasters and guests. It was one fine morning I along with two of my friends woke up at 4.30 AM, got ready and started our journey towards IIT Madras. Don’t think we went for Engineering counselling. It was for participating in Dawn to Dusk Marathon. Seeing my physic don’t judge that I am couch potato. Sometimes I like to try something new. We went in bus from Chrompet and got down in Kotturpuram bus stop and started walking inside the IIT Madras campus. I was thrilled to enter the prestigious institution for the first time in my life. Our destination is to reach the sports ground inside the campus from where the Marathon starts. Most of you should be aware that IIT madras has two entrances. One is near the Kotturpuram(near Anna university) and another near Velachery. Unfortunately, we choose the longest path to reach the playground as it was located very near to the Velachery entrance. Trust me never in my life I walked so much long. The distance we walked will be from Sozhinganallur to Thoraipakkam. On our way we noticed that inside the campus it was a forest with buildings here and there.

              After 40 minutes of our walk, we reach the playground at last. We were in the marathon suit. We found a building near to the playground, we thought of refreshing ourselves and get groomed for the historical run. We there went inside and found a room and got ready one by one. Two of my friends changed their attire and where waiting outside the building. I got ready and about to leave the building. When I saw my friends were waiting outside, I rushed to step out of the building, but some force stopped me. What happened? Any guesses?  I banged my head at the glass wall. I am still not sure, if that glass wall was delicate or my head was so strong, the glass wall shattered to pieces. I made one step back before the falling glass pieces can pierce both of my wrists and minor damage to my knees. In that shock I looked around to see anyone witnessed this incident. My friends who were waiting outside not knowing that my hands were bleeding, enjoyed the scene and laughed. One commented that he can recall the Saint gobain glass ad.  One gentleman, along with my friends took me to the first aid area to clean the wounds and put the band-aid.  I came out of the trauma but not from the pain. My hands were paining, I felt pain while moving my hands. My friends suggested me to quit. I met my account manager there, after hearing the story, he also suggested me to take rest.

              Due to my self-confidence, due to the passion I had towards achieving things, due to the fighting attitude I had from my childhood, I thought of doing it.  Really do I mean it. No. One thought came to my mind, if I were to quit, I must spend the next two hours lonely without any company. This loneliness moved me to participate in the event. Just holding my hands high like this, I completed the 10Km marathon. My friends opted for the 20Km run and they finished little late. I felt the joy of accomplishment that day.

              Later in the week, we had a team meeting with my account manager, he recalled the incident and appreciated me for the fighting attitude inside me and asked the team to be like this in the project. I felt happy to hear those words. That made my day.

              Dear fellow toastmasters and Guests. In the life journey, we may get hit sometimes and get paralyzed. Don’t stop. Get the first aid, get ready and keep moving since, life is not a 100 meters race that will get completed in few seconds. It’s a Marathon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom-Wife-Balance - Humorous speech

Mom-Wife-Balance                        Are you questioning me for correcting the mistake done by your wife? Ha! From when this habit started? My mom screamed at me. I was speechless.               Good evening fellow toastmasters and my dear guests. The entire universe right from the galaxies, stars in the space to the electrons in the atoms are balanced to maintain a harmony. People say our lives will be in peace and harmony if we practice the work-life balance principle. I am here to tell you a more important balance for the life that is mom-wife balance. It is this balance that will make you or break you. To achieve this, I would like to share with you two important techniques which I experienced in my life.               How many of you watched the movie Bahubali-2 ? For those who ...

Success - Proposal

Success Good evening fellow Toastmasters, Madam Toastmasters and guest. On hearing the word proposal what comes to your mind? Marriage proposal, Business proposal, Proposal to any problem that you have. When you search in google the meaning for proposal, you get two meanings, one is a formal plan or suggestion to address a problem and the other one is straightforward a offer for marriage . For the next 5-7 minutes I am going to touch on both the things as part of my project.               Everyone of us want to lead a successful life but success will not come to us easily. We need strive and struggle to attain success. I am here with a proposal to lead a successful life with two simple, quite familiar yet powerful techniques to follow.               It was a in the year 2010 I got my first job and placed in an MNC as a software engineer. I had ...

Innocent soul-Ice breaker speech script

Innocent soul It was one fine evening, 6 people surrounded me. Everyone started to shoot questions at me. One said, “Don’t you know this basic thing”. Another one said “What Hadi I never expected this from you” another one said, “How can you ask this kind of question?”. I was surprised, embarrassed, felt a bit sorry at that moment. Good afternoon fellow toastmasters and guests. I am here to share an incident in my life that taught me some good lessons. It was my second year of my career right from college. On a Sunday morning our project team of 11 members headed our journey in a tempo traveler to Pondicherry. To attend our friend’s marriage. In our gang there were people who never turn to any of the functions or marriages. They came to this friend’s marriage. You ask me the reason, I will not tell. We reached the marriage hall, attended the marriage, had a good biriyani. He was a Muslim friend. Story starts here. We departed from the marriage hall heading towards Ch...